- Our Major Brands
- Bra Fit Tips
- Lingerie Care
- Building Your Collection
Caring for Your Lingerie
Once you've started building your lingerie wardrobe, you'll want to protect your investment so that your lingerie lasts and keeps looking great wear after wear. About Face carries gentle cleansers that are specially formulated for lingerie fabrics and intricate laces. We've also put together a few helpful tips to help you care for and protect your lingerie.
Soak Wash is a super easy, eco-friendly wash for washing delicates, from lingerie to cashmere and best of all…it’s no rinse! No-rinse means just that! You don’t have to rinse it – really. Because Soak is a low-suds liquid, the dirt and detergent come out in the water and whatever is left in the item evaporates. Because no-rinse requires less agitation, it’s easier on fabrics. Try any of the light fragrances - Lacey, Yuzu, Fig, and Scentless – for those with fragrance sensitivity.
LeBlanc Silk & Lingerie Wash lifts tough stains from delicate fibers while protecting elasticity and finish. Silk & Lingerie Safe for use on all fibers made of 100 % silk, bamboo, lyocell, micro, lycra, and spandex, as well as other fabrics requiring delicate care. Even after repeated washings, fine fabrics will retain a silky new look. The combination of rose, lilac and gardenia uniquely blend together to create a light, sensual fragrance perfect for your fine lingerie pieces from About Face.
Tips for caring for your quality lingerie
- Wash lingerie by hand in cool to lukewarm water (cool water for elasticized fabrics).
- Use a non-phosphate, non-bleach gentle wash for delicate fabrics (try our LeBlanc Silk & Lingerie Wash, Soak Wash or gentle Caldrea products).
- Soak items for several minutes.
- Gently massage soiled areas. Rinse well.
- Squeeze out excess water – do not twist or wring items.
- For cottons or knits, roll up item in a towel to absorb excess water.
- Smooth item with your hands and lay out flat or hang to dry.
- Wash your bra every second or third wearing depending on fabric and soil.
- Don’t wear the same bra every day since it will lose its firmness more quickly due to body heat.
- Never dry your bras, or panties for that matter, in the dryer. Heat will damage your delicate lingerie.
- Wash and store bras with hooks fastened to prevent snags.
- Store contour bras with cups layered and straps tucked in to support cups.
Following these few simple tips will keep your lingerie looking like new and help it retain its original fit for much longer. As always, if you ever have any questions about how best to care for your lingerie, don't hesitate to call on us at About Face.